Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sunday Sept. 20th 09 update















Today I began working on the water damage in the rear of the trailer, I installed the shelve section of new panel as well as a 2" strip that was missing from the bottom section. I also went ahead and painted the bed top as I did the dinette area. I ripped out all of the damage wood panel to expose the insulation next week I will begin cutting new panel for these area. Once the old panel was removed I thought I saw a few voids so I went ahead and sealed everything with caulk to insure there wont be any further leaks. I did screw up, and taped the rear fixed window braking it, so I had to also remove that to take it down to my glass guy for pane replacement, as mad with myself I broke the window I knew I would have had to take it out to replace all of the window putty, I will remove all of the windows before I am done with the restoration to replace all of the putty, so insure the window will not leak, the rear was really dry, which may have allowed the water to enter creating the damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment