Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Began the restoration of the Sunbeam Sun-Lite gas lamp

I bought 3 complete lamp [over paid for all of them] to insure I was able to have one complete working lamp so today I picked the best parts from all 3 lamps for my project lamp, I dissembled the lamp and cleaned it, I hope too be able to test it next week end pending finding the gas connection to attache it to my one pound tank and if the sing tied one mantle I have works, the first time out, otherwise I will have to locate more of the correct mantle to complete the project.









Today Sunday Sept 25, 2011 I made a test bench for the restored gas lamp so I could test it, , took the lamp I restored and installed it onto the test assembly and tested it and was very to find that everything worked correctly so I ended up getting it reinstalled back into the trailer I am restoring.





1 comment:

  1. This was so helpful . I wasn’t aware what the gas light globe should look like .. we’ve been globeless for over 15 years . I have tried several at resale stores but never fit . Now I can move forward. Thank you

    ReplyDelete